Tryouts: WEDNESDAY, September 1st (all 7th and 8th grade players are welcome to tryout) (IF you have a softball game on Wednesday, e-mail email@example.com to inquire about a make-up tryout.)
Tryout Fee: $25 paid during registration (not included in the total cost).
Time: 5:00 PM Check-in (must register online PRIOR to attending tryouts) 5:30 PM - 8:30 PM Tryout
The Junior High Elite Team Training Program (ETTP) is designed to prepare selected 7th and 8th graders to tryout for one of the 2022 Spring Youth Elite teams which will be traveling to the 2022 AAU Natinal Championship in Orlando, Florida in June. At the 2021 AAU Natinal Championships, our 14 Cardinal team fiished 2nd in the 14 Premier division representing our 4th 13U/14U medal at AAU’s! In most areas of the country, junior high volleyball players play their school season in the fall at the same time as the high school players. As a result, most clubs are able to start their junior high club seasons in December. Due to the IESA Junior High girls’ volleyball season being in the winter, our club teams do not start until the spring. The ETTP helps prepare potential Junior High Elite team players/teams for the intensity and competition of a Natinoal event like the AAU Natinal Championships which we would not otherwise get with the short Spring club season. The ETTP not only helps prepare our players for an expanded Spring season, but also helps them in their own junior high seasons without interfering with the players’ school teams and practces. Participating in this training program does not guarantee a spot on one of the 2022 Spring Youth Elite teams (players will still need to tryout for the Spring program), but it will certainly improve their chances because of the individual skill training they will receive. The IESA changed the rules a few years ago so players are now allowed to be on non-school teams/programs during their school season in the same sport provided the individual schools do not have a policy against it.
- New in 2021 - ETTP will practice Wednesday nights AND Sunday late afternoons.
- September to December for those players who would like to be considered for one of the 2022 Spring Youth Elite teams who will compete at the 2022 AAU National Championships in Orlando, FL in June.
- Practice twice per week: Most Sundays from 4:00-6:30 PM AND Wednesday nights from 7:00-9:00 in September and October. In the frst two weeks of November, ETTP will practice Wednesday/Saturday due to HS tryouts on Sundays and then Saturday/Sunday in the last two weeks. A practic calendar will be posted on our “Fall Programs” page listed under the “Jr. High/Youth” tab that will list these changes/adjustments.
- Practice starts Wednesday, September 8th from 7:00-9:00. ETTP will conclude Sunday, November 28th.
- Players who are accepted into the program will receive an email with a link to pay online a few days afer tryouts on September 1st. No players will be allowed to participate in the program if the payment is not received on the frst practice date so be sure to register with a correct email to receive the payment link.
- Cost: $550.00
Check out the flyer here! http://illinielite.com/assets/2021_Junior_High_Elite_Team_Training_Program_flyer.pdf